Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chasing

Standing in the halflight of the pre-dawn I sketch the curve revealing itself between pale, bony shoulder blades. The stick runs smoothly over the yellowed page, caking onto my eager fingers like the mascara she'd tried to wipe into secrecy.

**********************************************

Sometimes our eyes meet for a few seconds that feel eternal. I am looking into existence. The deepest, most absorbing love fills my very soul. There's a connection so intense that after a time I have to pull my eyes away, almost frightened. From mankind's beginning people have experienced this. This is why. The times before when I felt for the threads tying it together my mind merely brushed against the idea of a single strand. In those moments I'm blinded by the awesome color and complex patterns which are woven into an immense tapestry. The fiber of my being rejoices in caring so deeply for another that all my needs can be neglected, my life itself could end, if it meant that this one bright, shining light could continue to grow. The greatest love you'll ever know. Until you've been there, words are only words.

No comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button